Who we are
Our website address is: https://iamcathb.co.uk
Website owner: Cath B Akesson
When you use our site, there are a number of ways in which you provide information and other data to us. By using this site or via social media interaction, you consent to us processing and collecting this data, on the terms and for the reasons which are explained below. The types of personal data you provide to us may include:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address and mobile or another phone number)
- Age or date of birth
- Username and password, nickname/screen name
- Payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, and card security code)
- Shipping and billing information (such as a delivery address, and billing address)
- Purchase history
We may use your information to:
- Send you our newsletters from time to time
- Make payments for the purchase of goods and services
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so
- Notify you about changes to our service
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Legal basis for our use of the information
We will use the information you provide for the above purposes if:
- it is necessary to perform a contract to which you are a party (e.g., to process your payment and deliver the products you have ordered); or
- we have obtained your consent; or if
- we have a legitimate interest in doing so (including a legitimate interest in performing marketing activities, research activities, data analytics, internal administration functions, processing and enforcing legal claims and conducting our business in compliance with all applicable laws, relevant industry standards and our policies).
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
All information you provide to us is stored in our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
You have the right under the Data Protection Act to access the information which we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will always correct or delete any data once made aware of the request as such. If you would like to remove your data from our records please contact email@example.com
If you do not want us to use your information for marketing purposes, please inform us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Under no circumstances will Cath B Akesson be responsible or liable for financial or other loss or damage caused by the failure or use or misuse of our website.
- Unfortunately, malicious software, spyware, viruses and website hacking are common threats and Akesson Media cannot be held responsible for problems that develop on completed sites as a result of such illegal activity.
All reasonable measures are taken by us to ensure that this Website is operational every day. However, occasionally technical issues may result in some downtime and accordingly we will not be liable if this website is unavailable at any time.
Where possible we always try to give advance warning of maintenance issues that may result in Website down time but we shall not be obliged to provide such notice.